We provide a wide range of construction services in London, Surrey, Essex, Kent and Hertfordshire areas, offering the most competitive price for high-quality results. It is our goal to meet your budget and provide a transparent quote for your project.
At Red Builders, we are always committed to complete your construction job within a set deadline and budget. Unfortunately, many building contractors lack transparent quotes, and this incurs many unwanted hidden costs. To ensure we meet your budget, we inspect the site and assess your demands, after which we provide a comprehensive quote. We strictly adhere to the proposed ideas, which helps to reduce any unforeseen expenses.
- We offer fixed cost with no hidden fees - we understand the importance of sticking to your budget, which is why we always give a fixed price on any size job. We keep the price constant and will always contact you before approving any changes.
- We plan ahead to minimise unwanted expenses - the key to a successful house refurbishment is to prepare the design specifications thoroughly. Drawings, specification of paint finishes, flooring preparation, underfloor electrics - it all matters and will have an impact on the cost to renovate your house.
- We are a team of professionals - with many years of experience and in-house team of contractors, we can guarantee results that will exceed your expectations, and most importantly, minimise any costs that usually appear while dealing with subcontractors.
- We offer competitive and fair prices - At Red Builders, our years of experience with high-end properties ensures that every detail is thoroughly analysed and explained to our clients. Our in-house architects provide quick and efficient communication between teams, as well as optimal pricing quotes. That minimises the risk of having to go back and forth with subcontractors and saves your time and money.
- Our work quality is guaranteed - regular building insurance won't always cover a renovation project, especially for large construction projects. We provide professional refurbishment insurance for client's who wish to take that vital step. Moreover, our five-year warranty, backed by Lloyds, is another valuable addition that will give you the peace of mind.
Once we go into refurbishing phase, changing the project to incur significant cost increases will be unlikely. However, we are always able to provide additional service catered to your needs and preferences. Our quota is always fixed unless you wish to add any further services.
At Red Builders, we understand the importance of price transparency and the client's right to know what they are paying for. We use efficient project management software that will provide access to your house refurbishment project with detailed pricing included.
Guidelines for controlling the costs.
Red Builders value your trust and can guarantee a competitive quote and strictly stick to the budget. We carefully assess the project, controlling the cost of property refurbishment through:
- A careful specification
- Fixed price
- Suitable payment program
- The total renovation cost figure
We always ensure to tie specific costs down, report on every penny spent and guide you through the pricing.
Thus, we understand that vital component in controlling the price of home renovation is a detailed specification. The right specification will pre-suppose of the following:
- There will be no substantial changes throughout the project and are you are clear in your requirement
- We have provided access to detailed construction drawings agreed between you and the contractor
- You understand your heating needs and have produced a design with floor plan lighting and electrical strategy
- You've got clear bathroom layouts and a kitchen scale
- You have an agreed design idea of your finishes, fittings and fixtures
- You're clear precisely what a contractor would be to perform (e.g. paint the living area ), and also what others can do (e.g. add a rug )
- You have been provided with a clear outcome of the costs incurred
We ensure to provide the most comprehensive plans that are unique to your project. Our team will have a thorough understanding of your budget and work around your needs to maximise what you can get out of it.
Knowing the above will ensure that your construction project with us will be carried out smoothly, and the prices will be transparent. Red Builders promises a precise and fixed quote, tailored to your needs and budget. Contact us, and we promise to deliver high-quality job at the most competitive price.
House extension costs.
House extension is definitely a process that requires a lot of planning and understanding what might affect your cost will definitely save you money. Red Builders will offer a detailed plan tailored to your property and offer valuable tips on how to get the maximum out of your budget.
Different types of house extensions include:
- Single storey extensions - the most popular type, built on one level with the ground floor, very often - kitchens.
- Double storey extensions - these are built from two levels of the house; more complicated and its possibility depends on the layout of the house.
- Rear and back extensions - usually implemented in cases where there is no spaces on the sides of the property and presumes building extension into the garden area.
- Side extensions - built to the sides of the property if the space allows further enhancements and you want to keep your garden space.
There are a few things to remember, which will affect the cost of your house extension:
- Complexity of the structure and property age - these should be assessed to ensure the extension is suited to your property architecture type, as well as get to the root of any hidden problems linked to house age. Therefore, detailed structural assessment is essential. Red Builders team of professionals take pride in years of expertise and guarantees to minimise any additional costs and potential risks that may incur further spending in the future through understanding the building that we are working with.
- Soil type and surrounding nature - your foundations and shrink potential of the soil have a high impact on the cost of the process and the materials used.
- Drainage location - another factor that is usually not under your control; however, knowing the specific will help to control the main goal - the cost of the job.
Our competitive pricing on housing extensions is the following:
Red Builders can assess your property to see which type of house extension would best suit your needs. Contact us and we will provide you an in depth quote on your house extension job.
Basement conversion costs.
Creating extra space in your house through basement conversion is a very efficient way of making that square footage usable. Especially in London, where house spacing is usually more limited and above ground alterations are tougher to perform, it is a popular way to enhance your property’s space. Furthermore, the value of your house significantly increases with the introduction of a basement.
Main factors that can affect the cost of your basement conversion are:
- Ground condition - the excavations carried out for the basement conversions can vary in price, depending.
- Waterproofing - different approach can be taken to this part of the job, depending on the depth and location of the basement.
- Structural work - to ensure longevity of our project and health and safety of the site, we have to ensure the structure is sturdy by completing essential checks and alterations. Structural report should be included in all basement conversion works.
- Lighting - due to the underground nature of the space, lighting should be considered as one of the main elements of the project and invested in appropriately.
- Several types of assessments should also be completed to get your basement conversion approved, including basement impact assessment, flooding assessment, geological survey and more. Different buildings will require different types of assessments, so consult us to understand the full scope of assessments needed to proceed with your basement conversion and obtain the costs of those measures.
Our competitive pricing on basement conversions is the following:
An idea of the costs involved:
- Conversion of an existing cellar: £750 – £1,400 per square metre
- Lowering the floor level and underpinning an existing cellar: £1,500 – £2,000 per square metre
- Digging a new basement space and underpinning: £2,000 – £3,000 per square metre
- Digging a new basement space underneath a garden: £1,500 – £2,000 per square metre
- Creating a lightwell / external access: £5,000 – £7,500
- Engineer’s fees: £1,000 – £1,500
- Planning application, if required: £165
- Building Regulations application: £750+ depending on the value of the work undertaken
- Party wall agreements, if required: £700 per neighbour
- VAT: an additional 20% added by VAT-registered contractors
Red Builders will produce and extensive assessment of your property conditions and the costs that will incur with basement conversion in your house. Contact us and we will provide you an in depth quote on your basement conversion.
Loft conversion costs.
Loft conversions can add extra habitable space in your house that can be adapted to a variety of uses. Luckily, most loft conversion works are classed as 'permitted development', easing the process of adding that extra space and value. The main factors that will have an impact on the loft conversion costs will be:
- Design costs - the size of the loft, additional features and the property suitability all account under design costs. Get a quote from us and we will provide detailed insight into your future investment.
- Planning costs - although not common, depending on the type of property this might be another part of you loft conversion costs.
- Party wall surveys - a must when you have close neighbours, in cases like a semi-detached house or a terraced house. A legal agreement will need to be set in place to continue with your loft conversion project.
- Loft suitability - assessment of your property’s structure is essential, as we need to know if the loft needs to be additionally strengthened. This will ensure that the project will guarantee the longevity and sturdiness of your loft conversion, meaning no extra refurbishment expenses in the near future.
Furthermore, there are a variety of loft conversions that you can choose from, which also impact the final cost of the project. The types of loft conversion include:
- Velux loft conversions - among the simplest methods to convert your roof area. Velux roof windows are all made to fit with your roof which leaves your arrangement as is with minimal work.
- Dormer loft conversions - the most popular type of loft conversion, due to the most space it can potentially produce. Dormer Loft Conversion has flat ceilings and vertical walls making more room compared to the walls that are standard that you would expect from a loft conversion.
- Mansard loft conversions - provides a much more traditional extension to your home and fits best big family houses. It has roof space and is located at the rear of your house with a sloping roof; gives the option to install windows and is one of the most versatile loft conversions.
- Hip-to-gable loft conversions - another popular version that relies on converting the hip of the roof into a flat edge, providing additional space.
And many more are offered by us.
Our competitive pricing on loft conversions is the following:
Red Builders will assess your property and find a loft conversion solution that will it your needs. Contact us and we will provide you an in depth quote on your basement conversion.
New build costs.
Although building your home from scratch may seem like a costly idea, in fact, the costs involved in planning permissions and structural redevelopments might make those more expensive than producing a new build. We offer fair and competitive pricing on new build services, from kitchen planning to the smallest details that give your personal touch to your house. Our in-house team of professional architects and designers will ensure to strictly follow the budget, while providing designs tailored to your needs and desires.
When thinking about new build costs, the following jobs and factors are taken into account:
- Foundation and structure
- Site access and parking
- Kitchen specifications
- Bathroom specifications
- Plumbing and heating
- Internal carpentry
Furthermore, the price is affected by the size of the property, the quality of the materials used, loft and basement spaces, as well as any additional specialist finishes you would like to be carried out. Red Builders will help you to plan your future home in detail, offering advice based on years of expertise and care for your budget.
Our competitive pricing on new build properties is the following: